Solar + Home Security and Automation: A Match Made in Heaven
“There’s no place like home.” This phrase is not just a quote, but a notion built into the very fabric of every human being in the world. Through the trials of day to day life, there is one constant that a person looks forward to and that is going home, curling up into the comfortable and peaceful ambiance full of bliss and joy along with the loved ones whilst completely forgetting about all the worries of the world. Same can be said for every single person no matter who they are and where they’re from because at the end of the day, we’re all human beings, we all need a safe haven, and that is exactly what a home is supposed to be.
The fact that our homes give us so much peace and compassion, it is only fair that we value our homes and give the same amount of care and respect back. It may sound other-worldly, but in the contemporary world of ground-breaking technology, it is quite doable. And by doing so, not just the home, but also the dwellers of that home can live their lives safe, sound and free of worry. There are two key ways through which you can dramatically increase both the intrinsic and non-intrinsic value of your home:
Home Security & Automation
The increase in domestic crimes such as burglary, breaking and entering, home invasion etc. is causing havoc and mortal fear in the neighborhoods all across the united states. With the current state of security concerns, home security has become an obligation to ensure the security of the home dwellers and the home itself. With that said, it is wise to opt for a smart home security and automation setup so as to assure the safety and security of the family as well as the belongings. The following are some of the important home security and automation components that can make your home a smart home:
- Home Security: It is important for all homeowners to have a warning mechanism in place in order to be aware of whatever is going on at home whether the homeowners are at home or away from home. Following components can help you stay notified regarding activities at home:
- Wireless Panic Button – Notifies other home dwellers in case one of them is in distress.
- Smoke Detectors – Alerts the home dwellers in case of a fire.
- CO Detectors – Alerts the home dwellers in case of detected Carbon Monoxide traces.
- Firefighter Alarm – Sends distress signal to the nearest fire department in case of a house fire.
- Surveillance Cameras – Allows you to monitor your home through live video feed.
- Door Sensors – A wireless device used to notify the dwellers in case a door opens.
- Motion Detectors – Notifies the home dwellers in case of suspicious movement within the premises.
- Image Sensors – Integrated with the motion sensors, it captures the image of the suspicious moving object or person.
- Glass Break Sensors – Notifies the home dwellers in case if the window glass cracks or shatters.
- Doorbell Camera – Provides a live video feed of the activity in front of the door.
- Home Automation: The advent of home automation systems have been a game changer in terms of facilitating the homeowners comfort and convenience wise. Much like any smart equipment, now you can also sit back and let your home automation system do the job of keeping you comfortable and safe. Following home automation components can make your life much easier:
- Smart Door Lock – A passcode protected door lock that will set off an alarm in case of intrusion.
- Smart Bulbs – Wireless LED light-bulbs operated through a mobile app.
- Smart Plugs – A wireless plug that automatically switches the lamps on and off during a specific time of the day.
- Smart Thermostat – A wireless device that can allow you to control the temperature of your home through the cell phone
- Keychain Remote – Allows you to lock and unlock your home, turn on the thermostat and arm or disarm your alarm with a hundred yard range with a push of a button
Solar Panel Installation
With a smart home security and automation setup, what better way would there be to back it up than by opting for a reliable energy resource for your home, i.e. solar energy. It cannot be stressed enough that the solar power is the future of energy generation. To that strength, it is instrumental for a home to become a smart and futuristic home by opting for solar energy as the key lifesource to have a sustainable and carefree future. Following are the key reasons why everyone should opt for solar:
- Economic Benefits – Normalizing the solar energy system installation on a residential and commercial scale can be massively advantageous for homeowners. Solar energy can not only reduce utility bills of a household to an amazing degree, but also, with net metering, homeowners are only liable to pay for the excess amount of electricity used. This means that if they produce excess amount of electricity instead of consuming, they shall be credited from the government, both literally and figuratively, against the surplus energy that is transferred to the grid. To top it all off, the government is offering a 30% tax credit upon solar system installation to encourage homeowners to go solar before the end of 2019. This implies that your home can be on the contributing end of energy production.
- Environmental Benefits – Although the rise in the prices of conventional energy sources is a matter of concern, it is also the one that has a simple solution. And that solution is to go solar. By doing so, not only will you preserve the conventional source of energy, but also aid in the recovery of the atmosphere from the wounds of poisonous greenhouse gases and global warming.
With such instrumental improvements through opting for both solar energy, home security and automation, not only will you be giving your home a life of its own, but also increase both intrinsic and non-intrinsic value of your home ten folds.